The first call for Short Scientific Visits within IRN:QFS is now closed, please visit again in a few months !
The aim of this call is to support short visits (less than 2 weeks) to a few partners who have agreed to earmark some limited fund for this program. Currently this includes the following host institutions:
- CNRS, France: ENS, LPTHE, IAP in Paris; CPHT Palaiseau, IPHT Saclay, IDP Tours, ENS Lyon, LAPTh Annecy
- INFN, Italy: Genova, Padova, SISSA, Torino
- UK: Imperial College, London
- Netherlands: Delta Institute of Theoretical Physics, Amsterdam
- Sweden: Nordita, Stockholm
- Belgium: KU Leuven
- Germany: Albert Einstein Institute, Golm
- Israel: Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot
- USA: Mani Bhaumik Institute for Theoretical Physics, UC Los Angeles
- India: International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, Bangalore
- South Korea: Korean Institute for Advanced Study, Seoul
- Brazil: ICTP-SAIFR, São Paulo
The call is open to members of any of the institutions participating in IRN:QFS, with emphasis on junior scientists. Each host institution remains fully responsible for screening applications and disbursing funds.
This first call covered visits planned to take place between July 15 and Dec 31st, 2022. We anticipate to have another call in Fall 2022 for visits taking place in first half of 2023.
Applications are being forwarded to the contact scientist for the corresponding node, who will consult with the host scientist and other colleagues and decide whether to grant or reject the request. Applicants will be notified by the host by July 1st, 2022.
We hope that this new scheme will allow to foster scientific exchanges with the IRN:QFS network, as most pandemic-related travel restrictions are now being lifted.
The Steering Committee